You’ve switched to solar energy, and you’re doing your part to help the environment. Congratulations! Wouldn’t it be great if you could save money on your electric bill while also doing something good for the planet? Solar panels are a great way to do that—but only if they’re correctly maintained.
In this post, we’ll discuss why it’s essential to keep your solar panels, how often, and what needs to be done during an inspection. We’ll also discuss the importance of having these inspections performed by our Tampa solar company professionals rather than doing them yourself. So, let’s get started!
Do You Understand the Importance of Solar Panel Maintenance?
Solar panels on your roof must be maintained to perform their best and last as long as possible. If you don’t maintain your solar panels, they will decrease in performance over time. This loss of efficiency can cause the cost of electricity generated by your home solar system to go up – which means less money saved on utility bills!
To ensure this doesn’t happen to you and your home-solar system, here are some tips on determining if maintenance is necessary. Your installer should have provided a warranty for the workmanship and materials used in installing the array. If they did not, then contact the manufacturer directly for details regarding any warranty coverage available through them (some manufacturers offer limited warranties against defects; others provide none).
However, even if no formal written agreement exists between the installer/vendor and consumer, there may still be legal requirements for consumer protection under state law governing sales practice standards which may require some type of service commitment from both parties involved even without any direct contract being signed between them either before or after installation takes place.
What Does Solar Panel Maintenance Entail Checking?
- power output of your solar panels.
- mounting of your solar panels.
- damage to the inverter, batteries, or wiring/cables (if applicable).
- damage to the solar panels.
- moisture/condensation on your solar panels.
- corrosion on your inverter, batteries, or wiring/cables (if applicable).
How Often Should You Perform Solar Panel Maintenance?
If you have a new solar system and have been performing regular maintenance, your panels are likely in good shape. It’s essential to check them out with an expert from time to time—which might mean every three to five years (depending on the condition of their system).
If you have an older system and want to extend its life as much as possible, it’s recommended that you perform maintenance every five years at a minimum. This will help detect any problems early on so they can be addressed before they worsen and cause damage or performance issues for your solar cells. If you’re unsure whether or not it’s time for maintenance, here are some signs that your solar system needs a checkup:
- system performance has decreased significantly. This could be due to shoddy installation or damage from a storm.
- the system isn’t producing as much power as it used to. This could be due to the system’s degradation of the solar cells or other components.
- the system requires repairs or replacement of parts. This can indicate that the system has been damaged by weather, pests, or other factors that caused it to malfunction.
What is the Importance of Solar Panel Maintenance?
You need to do solar panel maintenance. By doing this, you can prolong the life of your solar panels, prevent damage to them and even prevent fires. It will also help with preventing electrical issues and overheating. Regular solar panel maintenance should be conducted by professionals from a top Tampa solar company. The following are some ways to maintain your solar panel system:
- cleaning: Regularly cleaning off all dirt or debris from the surface of your solar panels will help prevent overheating problems and dirt accumulation that could lead to damage on the surface of your panel. You should use water when cleaning them off so they don’t get damaged by harsh chemicals or cleaners that may cause more harm than good in the long run.
- inspecting: Checking for any signs of damage, such as cracks or dents, regularly is essential because if left unattended, these issues could worsen over time, resulting in higher repair costs down the line.
If You Want to Maintain Your Solar Panels Properly, Contact Circuit Electric Solar, A Top Tampa Solar Company
We are Tampa-based solar panel specialists who handle everything from installation to maintenance on residential and commercial solar projects. If you want to maintain your solar panels properly, contact us today! Our team has more than 18 years of experience with all photovoltaic systems, from residential rooftop installations to large-scale ground-mounted arrays. We also have a keen eye for spotting minor problems that can cause significant issues down the road—and we know how to fix them before they become problems for you.
With so many things to do, it can be easy to overlook your solar panels. But regular maintenance is critical if you want to maximize their power and keep them working as efficiently as possible. Contact us today if you’re looking for a professional company that performs high-quality work at affordable prices.